The EU Biotech Campus is a new on-campus multi-operators and multi-partenarial professional training centre and business accelerator. The EU Biotech Campus will offer state-of-the-art infrastructure and services that will be made available for regional, Belgian, European and international students and jobseekers (low & high skilled), academics, spin-offs, start-ups, scale-ups and multinationals).
This inclusive project aims to welcome local and international training providers and business accelerators in a one stop shop flagship place. They all together are going to develop adequate training programs for job seekers, workforce and students as well as accelerating the business of starters and spin-offs (SME). Through this model, cross -fertilization will be generated between competence development and acquisition of a business mind set.
To achieve this mission the EU Biotech Campus is actively looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO), who will act as the CEO’s deputy.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Chief Operating Officer you will, together with the CEO, provide both operational and strategic leadership to the project. As a born leader, you will monitor the different milestones and the overall progress of the project. You support the team in the execution of their responsibilities and you are the interface between different stakeholders of the EU Biotech Campus.
In this role as Chief Operating Officer, your responsibilities are:
- You set up and govern the operational strategy and the organizational vision of the EU Biotech Campus, together with the CEO and in line with the strategic guidelines of the Board of Directors.
- You steer and adjust the different project workstreams (budget, public tenders, communication, infrastructure, IT, corporate governance of a non- profit organization, communication…).
- You monitor the overall progress of the project and the specific workstreams. You report to the CEO and to the board of Directors of the EU Biotech Campus.
- You initiate and participate in the expansion of activities and you lay the foundations for the future business model of the EU Biotech Campus.
- You develop and manage a strong and diverse local and international network of different industry, training, academic and governmental stakeholders to promote the EU Biotech Campus.
- You understand and manage the particularities of a project that is fully funded by public means.